To establish, improve and control our full production plan for both brood and sales fish, including desired growth rates, feed use, stocking density and biomass for all farms and eggs projections amounts per week
To utilize this plan in monthly reporting against budget, and as a method of forecasting egg take and availability by weeks.
To develop site leads and managers to a level of autonomy which effectively supports the role of Production Manager.
To operate the farms within budgeted expenditure, and to levels of fish health and biosecurity as dictated by reviewed fish health programmed and redeveloped “Troutlodge Way”.
- Biologist bachelor’s degree
- Experience in similar positions for at least 5 years
- Management of production teams of at least 20 people
- Knowledge of fish projections, photoperiod, and in spawning process
- Desirable knowledge in RAS systems
- Manage the coordination in all the productions departments regarding the budget and goals proposed numbers, weigh and transfer of the fish (actual v/s Forecast)
- Keep all the production team united under the same objective and in an orderly and collaborative work environment.
- Support the production team providing guidance in daily activities.
- Keep informed to GM and the BU directors about all the main aspect into the production area, to anticipate any risk or a potential risk that could affect our production numbers or projections
Key Performance Indicators:
- Fish numbers of fish per month (actual v/s Forecast)
- Weight of the fish (actual v/s Forecast)
- Eggs per week real/ Forecast
- Eggs incubation strategy to maintain the right numbers of eggs required weekly
- Ability to work in the face of challenges
- Initiative and decision making
We specialize in layers, turkey, swine, aquaculture and traditional poultry breeding, each with its own Research & Development team. By innovating, fine-tuning and optimizing every step of the protein value chain, we are pioneering new ways of feeding the world. Our genetic solutions, customer-focused attitude and balanced breeding programs set us apart from our competition. With the expansion of our breeding programs and the continuous developments in our field, we are always looking to strengthen our teams with people like you.
Now that you know a bit about us, we look forward to hearing your story. If you would like to join our team, please click to apply today.