Fish Health and Welfare Manager
Fish Health and Welfare Manager
- Contract :Permanent contract
- Working time :Full-time
- Experience :Mid-Senior level
- Education level :BA, BS/BSc
Your mission at Hendrix Genetics :
Purpose of the job
As Fish Health and Welfare Manager you are responsible for the quality and wellbeing of the stock in all locations of Landcatch Natural Selection Ltd. You will work closely with the production managers and provide guidance to the site Fish Health Monitors.
Candidate profile searched:
· Bachelor/Master Degree in finfish aquaculture health, biology or related subjects.
· At least 5 years working experience in salmonid aquaculture.
· Understanding of regulatory frameworks; Freshwater and Broodstock Fish health.
· Understanding of QMS, EMS and H&S.
Management of Fish Health and Welfare
·Responsible for implementation and update of the Fish Health Calendar, including:
·Routine health monitoring,
·Routine environmental monitoring,
·Manage external veterinary support contract.
·Advise and implement treatment strategies.
·Fish Health and Welfare (extraordinary) events (such as but not limited to fish transfers, grading, thinning, vaccinating, stripping, sorting, data capture):
·Manage pre-event meetings with production staff. Discuss SOPs and risk areas.
·SoP audit during the event.
·Manage post-event review to highlight errors or adjust SOPs if needed.
·Health sampling during broodstock stripping operations
Control of budget, projects and capital expenditure:
·Assist in the creation of the annual budget and reforecast for the fish health department.
·Effectively manage agreed budgets on a monthly basis.
·Make proposals with costs to the General Manager to ensure that facilities and systems are kept up to date and of a high standard.
·Manage external veterinary support contract, including the annual review.
Assist Production Managers in achieving best results:
·Monitor and manage KPIs in survival, growth, health and welfare.
·Advise on all fish health and welfare matters in photoperiod management, egg production, spawning, fertilisation and hatching.
·Practical advice in Fish Health Monitor training.
·Coordinate the annual Veterinary Health and Welfare Plan review with the Production Managers.
·Develop and audit strict biosecurity measures, and support production managers with reviews.
·Ensure that proper safety standards are maintained under the Health and Safety at Work Act, and in full accordance with our Health and Safety policy.
·Ensure that all staff are trained and developed as required. Maintain standards in accordance with Investors in People.
·Always maintain professional confidentiality.
What we have to offer:
· A competitive remuneration package
· Ample room for personal development
· The time and space to adapt to challenges and get the job done
· A team of passionate, hard-working professionals who also know when and how to relax
· Excellent benefits including health and life insurance;
· Our people matter to us. Regardless of the field you work in, expect a friendly atmosphere where everybody counts
· An open-minded and international atmosphere with over 3,400 employees in more than 25 countries worldwide
We specialize in layers, turkey, swine, aquaculture and traditional poultry breeding. By innovating, fine-tuning and optimizing every step of the protein value chain, we are pioneering new ways of feeding the world. Our genetic solutions, customer-focused attitude and balanced breeding programs set us apart from our competition. With the expansion of our breeding programs and the continuous developments in our field, we are always looking to strengthen our teams with people like you.
We are passionate about:
· Continuous learning and we encourage our employees to do the same
· Complex innovations and smart development
· Our animals, of course
Now that you know a bit about us, we look forward to hearing your story. If you would like to join our team, please click to apply today.